Saturday, November 22, 2014

You Can't Make This Science Stuff Up....Y'all.

I posted this picture and 9 other space-related pictures up on the cabinet doors in the back of my classroom. As a neat little intro activity, I asked my kids to take a sticky-note pad and quickly move to the back of the room; read each question beside each picture; write a response to each question on separate sticky notes; and stick their responses on the cabinet door.

The question that corresponded with the above picture was, "What object do you see in the picture?  What created it? Do you have a question about the object that you would like to research further? If so, what is your new question?"

One of my students posted the following response:
"I see a hole with light coming through. I'm pretty sure you created it but it could have been your hubs because he's a handyman. I want to know how you got the light inside the door."

I thought I was going to wet my pants from laughing so hard!!! I know this sounds strange, but if you stand back and squint a little, it DOES kinda look like a hole with light coming through.  :)

Hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment